Ciabatte (or any rustic bread)
Salt & Pepper
- Dice tomatoes and put in a large mixed bowl.
- Julienne basil and throw it in the bowl.
- Mince garlic (approx. 1 clove per four medium tomatoes) or use a peas, add it to tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with olive and balsamic vingear to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rest for at least 30 minutes to let flavors meld.
- Cut bread into slices and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast under the broiler or on a grill, making sure not to burn.
- Once toasted, cut the end off a clove of garlic and rub each toast with it.
- Top crostinis with fresh mozzarella and a spoonful of bruschetta.