Chewy Pumpkin Ginger Cookies
|3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar + extra for rolling
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
|1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip softened butter and 1 cup sugar together with a whisk (or an electric mixer) until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and molasses and mix until well-combined. In a separate bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle a hefty layer of sugar on a large plate.
- With a 1.5” cookie scoop, scoop dough onto sugar and roll into a ball, completely covering the dough with sugar.
- Place cookies on a greased baking sheet about two inches apart. Don’t press cookies to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cracks form on top of the cookies.
- Cookies will be very soft, so let them cool for a few minutes on the sheet before placing on cooling rack.
*Recipe makes approximately 30-40 cookies.